Monday, September 30, 2013

:: blink and maybe you'd miss this ::



 there's a Hindu folk tale about time summed up by Lord Vishnu telling Lord Brahma how so many incredibly huge number of eons occur not even in "the time I take to blink my eye"

 and I feel as though metaphorically, this was the intense amount of growth our garden did this past week or so...

blossoms unfolding fully...bees busily making the most of the sporadic sunshine...

petals fully outstretched...

 ...delicate quince blossoms fading fast...

...the turnover in the floral department running at a tremendous pace...

...more thoughtfully slow in the case of the furry apple leaves...

...while the grape sprout was astonishing to me - even a tiny, tight bunch of ...grapes!

 and this climbing rose had me utterly perplexed as to which leaf stem I'd snapped last week - I'm fairly sure it was this one...

a dramatic burst of growth - like hands reaching up to the warmth of the sun...

another surprise was hiding under the now-thick cover of leaves on this plum-bough...

and here blackcurrants swell...

hoping it's not too late to have mulched and fed the seemingly-voracious strawberry patches this weekend past...


...it really all appears to be growing so urgently right now - blink and I think I'd miss this!
How is your garden growing this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment